Before we get to the good stuff:
I told you guys I would post a picture from each run, so here are a few from October 2nd and 3rd (hint: click on the picture to enlarge it and see captions).
Back to the food…
I love queso. Anything spicy, really.
The other night I was craving something cheesy with a kick. I was definitely craving carbs. I had leftover rotisserie chicken on hand and I knew I wanted to use the last of that. I ended up just throwing together a few favorite ingredients to make a rather simple, but delicious, dinner.
I expressed my love for nooch in this earlier post. I talked about its “cheesy” flavor. Its health benefits.
Well, nooch was again the star of supper on Wednesday, along with the low carb tortilla–who has proven himself to be extremely handy in the kitchen.
This dish came together is less than ten minutes so it’s perfect for a weekday meal. We’re all busy during the week–give yourself a break once in a while.
You could even get a little wild and skip the salad part and just make yourself some guilt-free queso chicken nachos!
Queso Chicken Tortilla Salad
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken works prefectly)
- 1/3 cup nooch (nutritional yeast)
- 1/3 cup chicken stock (almond milk could also work)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 low carb tortillas
- Fresh salsa to taste
- Sriracha to taste
- Salad base (romaine, kale, spinach–whatever greens you like to use)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut (or tear) tortillas into “chips”
- Place tortillas on foil and bake for 5-10 minutes (until the tips begin to brown)
- Add nooch and stock to pot on medium-high heat and stir until smooth
- Add Mrs. Dash seasoning , paprika, and chicken to “sauce,” keeping the pot on heat until the chicken is warmed through
- Prepare your greens in a bowl and top with warmed chicken
- Add fresh salsa, sriracha, and tortilla “chips” as desired
***If you like this recipe, please click the “follow” button on the right side of this page to receive delicious recipes right to your inbox!***