Cherries are the best fruit.
There’s no debate here. Don’t try to counter my decision; the gavel has been dropped.
As I was driving home from work today, I couldn’t get cherries out of my mind. I’d been craving chocolate for the past day or so, and then the cherry craving kicked in.
Before I go any further I would just like to take this time to thank my intense and random food cravings. You, cravings, inspired me to create my new favorite dessert: Cherry Cordial Protein Bites.
These tiny drops of heaven are like mini chocolate-covered-cherry scoops of ice cream. Creamy and fudgy with a hint of sweetness from the fruit. Keeping the cherries coarsely chopped ensures a piece of fruit in each bite…you just can’t beat it.
Two of these curbed my sweet tooth (for today…it will be raging again tomorrow). I finished them off with a light dusting of cocoa powder and some almond milk in a wine glass–these cherry cordial protein bites make me feel fancy.
Cherry Cordial Protein Bites
Yield: 5-7 bites
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 10-15 Stevia drops
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chocolate PB2
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- handful of frozen cherries
- extra cocoa powder for dusting
- Blend protein powder, agave, Stevia, cocoa powder, PB2, and almond milk until smooth.
- Add cherries and pulse until cherries are in big chunks (not completely blended…you want chunks of cherries in each bite).
- Place batter in bow and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- After 1 hour, drop spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour extra cocoa powder in a bowl and roll protein bites in powder.
- Keep frozen until ready to eat.