Woaaaah, it’s been a while (I feel like I say that a lot).
My excuse for being away so long? Well, I came home from roadtrippin’ across the US (more on that in future posts) and basically just died. I slept a lot. Wrote a lot. Ate a lot. And now that I’ve recovered I’m ready to post!
I made this fire & ice watermelon salsa a few weeks ago. Two of my best gals and I made dinner together and this was my contribution. It was seriously simple to make and has an amazing blend of fresh and bright with a little kick from the jalapeño. Perfect for summer pool parties!
Serve with tortilla chips, on fish tacos (a la my nutrition-savvy friend Rachel), or atop chicken.
Fire & Ice Watermelon Salsa
- 3 cups watermelon, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons (or to taste) jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 garlic salt
- Gently mix all ingredients together (except garlic salt) in a large bowl with a spoon.
- Transfer to a colander to drain any extra juices.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add in garlic salt.
TIP: If preparing ahead, make sure to drain the mixture and then wait to add garlic salt before serving. The salt draws out the water from the melon, making it a veryyy watery salsa. So wait to add that and give it an extra round in the colander if need be.